About The Role
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches our vision and is suitable for broadcasting and uploading to our social media platforms.
If you’re familiar with editing videos and photos and have an eye for detail, we’d like to hire you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of previous work, along with your application.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximise efficiency.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Lightworks, Premiere and After Effects)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field